How to Get the Best Deals on Amazon India
Shopping on Amazon India can be very satisfying, especially if you are looking for a bargain. And there are many ways through which you can get some really great deals on Amazon. Here are some tips on what to look for and how to get the best possible deals on your favorite shopping platform.
Amazon has a huge calendar of sales throughout the year. While some of the sales are targeted at specific customers or product categories, there are also mega sales which offer pretty discounts much all products being sold on Amazon India.
Here are the big sales that you can expect to see on Amazon:
- The Amazon Prime Day Sale: Targeted at Prime Members, this sale is a 2-day event where you get the best discounts on pretty much every product category. Amazon usually releases the sale dates a few months in advance every year.
- The Amazon Great Freedom Sales: This is a sale that takes place in August to commemorate India’s Independence Day. You’re looking at a wide range of products going on sale during this 5-day event, with discounts as high as 65% as well as bank and EMI offers.
- The Republic Day Sales: This is a sale that lasts 3 days and during that time, shoppers can look forward to ridiculously heavy discounts.
- The Amazon Festival Sales: We have festivals in India all year around, and Amazon celebrates each of those festivals with their shoppers by offering sales. You have the Raksha Bandhan Sales, the Navratri/Dusshera sale, the Diwali Sales, the Dhanteras Sales, the Christmas Sales, and so on.
- The Great Indian Festivals Sales: This is a mega sale that takes place just before the major festival season in India – around October. A week-long sale, you can get discounts on just about everything.
- Other Sales: Besides the festival sales, you also have the Wow Salary Day Sale, the Happy Saving Day sale, the Amazon Electronics Sale, the Amazon Children’s Day Offer, the Black Friday Sales, the Fab Phone Festival Sale, the Apple Day Sale, the Fashion Wardrobe Refresh Sales, the End of Season Sale and so much more!
The Amazon Coupons
Amazon offers their customers coupons, which are a great way to get discounts on regular items. However, the shopping giant keeps changing their coupon offers, so you have to keep checking back on what’s available so that you can get further savings on various products.
Here’s a tip, if you find that the product you wish to buy has a coupon, you might want to extra quantities so that you can get even more savings with those deals. You can get these coupons for groceries, health and beauty items, as even some electronics products.
Using these coupons are also really simple. When you see a product that offers a coupon, simply click on the coupon icon and the discount will be applied. Before you check out, you will be able to see your savings on the bill.
Become an Amazon Prime Member
If you shop on Amazon regularly, then it would actually benefit you to become an Amazon Prime member. You can use the trial option every 12 months (which many people opt for to take advantage of the Prime Day sale), apply for a monthly (Rs. 179), 3-monthly (Rs. 459) or annual (Rs. 1499) plan. If you are between 18 and 24 years old, then you can even apply for the Prime Youth Offer, where you get a 50% discount on your Prime plan.
Prime members get first dibs on all sales that Amazon launches. This means that high-selling products are their to buy first – before the rest of the Amazon shoppers. Members also get access to Prime Video, Prime Music, Gaming with Prime, Prime Reading, and exclusive discounts and deals. You can also get 5% unlimited reward points, where 1 reward point is equal to 1 rupee, when you use the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card. With this card, you alwaysget a no-cost EMI on any product that you buy. Furthermore, there is no joining or even annual fee for this card.
Prime members also have an exclusive section just for additional coupons that are not available for regular Amazon shoppers. And you get to save even more because there are no delivery fees applied to your orders.
Use Amazon Pay
Rather that directly using your bank cards or other payment options, you can use Amazon Pay. Amazon offers shopping using this payment option additional offers, discounts and even cashbacks. Charging your Amazon Pay wallet is also easy – you just need to pay using your bank cards, PhonePe or Google Pay.
Making the Best of Other Payment Options
Amazon Pay is not the only payment option where you can get discounts, offers and other freebies. You can get some pretty nifty deals using your SBI, HDFC, ICICI bank cards too. Just be sure to check the deals on offer and then you can decide which of your bank cards you would like to use.
Use the Subscribe and Save Option
Amazon India offers shoppers a Subscribe and Saveoption. This feature allows you to save money when you order everyday items such as soaps, shampoos, pet food, toothpastes and so on. There are more than 60,000 items on Amazon India that are eligible for the Subscribe and Save feature.
All you need to do is subscribe to this feature, select the items and the quantities that you wish to purchase, schedule the delivery time and date and you’re set. You can cancel your subscription at any time, and you are not charged any fees. The beauty of this feature is that the more you subscribe, the more you save. So, for 1 or 2 subscriptions, you can get 5% off, and 10% off on more than 3 subscriptions for one delivery. You can end up saving as much as 15% on your items if you plan your purchases and subscriptions carefully.
The Amazon Warehouse
If you’re okay with used and refurbished products, then you must check out the Amazon Warehouse. These products are of great quality but because they are second-hand, you will get them at really low prices. You can get some awesome deals for TVs, tablets, unlocked smartphones, and so much more.
Today’s Deals / Lightening Deals
Amazon offers deals on a daily basis called Today’s Dealsand Lightening Deals. All you need to do is click on the Today’s Dealsor Lightening Dealslink and you will be shown all the products that are heavily discounted for the day. There will be a ticker that will tell you how long the deal on a product is open for, so be sure to make it on time.
Once again, Prime members get special Lightening Deals that are not available to regular shoppers.
Receive Price-Drop Notifications
You can actually ask for notifications to be sent to you when there are price drops on items you wish to buy. When you are on your Amazon mobile app, all you need to do is click on the Notify When Available option, so when your deals go live, you will be notified.